Promoting effective judicial accountability mechanisms in Moldova (2)
1/07/2015 - 31/10/2016
Soros Foundation – Moldova
Contributing to improvement of the accountability mechanisms for judges in the Republic of Moldova. The project will continue the activities initiated during the first period of project implementation.
- Improved efficiency and increased transparency of the Superior Council of the Magistracy (SCM) sittings and the process of adopting decisions;
- Contribution to strengthening the system of disciplinary responsibility of judges;
- Promotion of amendments to the criteria of performance evaluation of judges and the way the evaluation decisions are drafted.
- Monitoring the SCM sittings and reactions to some decisions;
- Promoting the adoption of a new regulation for SCM activity;
- Contributing to the amendment of the law on SCM;
- Analysis of the activity of the SCM during 2015;
- Advocacy on reforming the procedure and conditions for the appointment of investigation judges;
- Monitoring the Disciplinary Board sittings;
- Promoting amendments to the Law no. 178 on disciplinary liability of judges and of the legal framework for its implementation;
- Analysis of the Disciplinary Board decisions in 2015;
- Promoting knowledge on the disciplinary responsibility system between judges and lawyers;
- Drafting a public policy document to improve the judges performances evaluation system;
- Promoting amendments to the Law no. 154 on carrier and performance evaluation of judges;
- Promoting amendments to the criteria for performance evaluation of judges and the way the evaluation decisions are drafted.